Wednesday 5 October 2011

Liverpool!

Hi all!

Been a while since I posted! Been back at Uni a month now and have lots and lots of work already! As part of our course we visited Merseyside Maritime Museum to see the work of Ian Berry. The exhibition we saw was called "Living Apart: photographs of apartheid by Ian Berry" you can learn more about it here; and here is Ian Berrys official website; . I really enjoyed the exhibition and thought it was very moving. It was interesting to see how he photographed such a serious issue and how he raised points through his photography.

After we went to the museum we got free time to explore Liverpool and photograph the culture. To do this and research into the history of the City we booked on to a tour bus and here are some of the shots I got from there!



I think the aesthetics in this image are what I like about it, because it was taken at around midday I think the light compliments the girl and the background well. I don't think this image really shows the culture of Liverpool because there is nothing in the image that directly links to Liverpool. However, I do think the image is visually interesting.




This is my favourite image of the day because I like how natural the people are in the image. I think they are like this because they weren't aware that I was taken the image. If this wasn't the case I think the outcome would have been very different as people do act differently when there are camera's around and therefore if you are noticed it is not a true documentation.




I think the angle of this image makes the building seem official and important. This is because it makes you think the building is really big when looking up at it rather than just looking straight on. I also like the movement of the tree in the image as I think it brings a bit more creativity into the shot rather than if it was a still image of a building, I think this would maybe be a little boring.



I think that in this image the light is the most important part. The fact that the same building is in two different colours and the bright line is contrasting against the shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment